Sunday, July 27, 2008

A weekend at the river.


Well it has been a few days since my last post. We left Thursday afternoon and went to Spring River. Jacob's parents (MeeMee and Grandpa) have a house up there, so we always decide at the last minute to go or not to go. We packed up Thursday afternoon and hit the road, it only takes about 1hour and 15 min. to get there so it is not too bad. Before we even went to the house we stopped at Hardy Beach for a quick swim. This was a great decision. Max and Ben loved the water. We found a shallow spot for Ben to play and Max put on his floatie suit and played in the deeper water. We all had a good time. It was a great way get out our energy and kill time before bed time. Grandpa was at the house when we got there.

Friday daddy and grandpa took the boys swimming and let me sleep in. That was nice! Then later in the day the men took a fishing trip and I kept the little guys. After they had a nap I tried to take them swimming by my self. We lasted about 10 minutes, it was a first and probably the last for at least a few months. Max called MeeMee adn asked her to come play with us, so of course she could not resist. She came up after work. It was nice to have refreshed troops to entertain and care for the boys. She is always a big help!

Saturday we just took it easy. We played on the porch and in the kiddie pool. MeeMee, grandpa and Max spent a lot of time fishing. Pretend fishing that is! This was Max's game of the weekend. After nap time we cleaned up and headed back home. It is always nice to be home.

Today we went to church with Jacob's family. Elliette was baptized so it was a special day. We also had pot luck afterwards. I love pot luck especially when it is a surprise. We spent the rest of the afternoon at MeeMee house. Max had a great time playing (or watching anyone who would play) video games. His favorite is WWF. I can't believe this. He is so into the moves that he has to try them out on daddy. I took Ben to Walnut Street with me to help keep the nursery for evening church. When I asked Max to get ready to leave he said " you leave, I'll stay with MeeMee." So he did. Pizza for supper and we finally headed home.

1 comment:

Dia Sawyer said...

Awesome! What a fun weekend! John and I took a nap when the kids did today! Whew, we needed it!
Dia