Friday, January 30, 2009

Well I meant to take pictures all week, but I never got around to it. I am very thankful to have the power restored to my house. We have been house hopping all week. Our house is NOT energy efficient. When we went to bed Tuesday night we still had power. That was around 10:30, when I woke up at 12:30 it was 55 degrees in our house. I have to had it to Jacob, he still made eggs and toast, with the propane cooking used for camping. He was loving the no electricity. Through out Wednesday it just dropped. So we packed up and found heat and lights. Jacob's brother's office, which is just down the road still had power so we met John's family there and stayed most of the day. That afternoon we came back home for a while. We were thinking we would sleep in our own beds, but I soon vetoed that idea. It was 45 degrees in the house. I took the kids to a friends house who had their power back on. We had a great time. The kids played and the adults played games too. We all spent the night there. The nest day we went to my moms house, they did not have lights, but did have heat. It was great till dark. When it started getting dark my kids started going crazy. I have to say they like their lights. Sooo, when we found out that Jacob's brother had their electricity b back up and running we headed to their house. The kids were very happy to have lights and had a great time with their cousins. We stayed there for most of the day. Jacob finally called our house and the answering machine picked up so we knew we were in luck. We came back home at nap time and Ben and I took a great nap. Jacob and max went to round up chain saws to clean the yard.

Tonight we are in our own beds and they boys are soundly sleeping. I have to say I was very cranky today, but tomorrow is a new day I think it will be better. Even though this week was somewhat stressful we still had a lot of fun times. We got to hang out and catch up with friends and family.

I want to thank all the friends and family that let us stay with them. I also want to thank anyone who had a part in the restoration of the electricty.

I feel a little guilty for a couple of reasons. 1. My kids and I don't do well with out electricity. I did not think we were that bad. For me it was the heat, I want to be warm. I also like my internet. Jacob and the boys did not mind this at all they would have stayed in the cold if I would have let them. The kids like the lights. From dark till bedtime without lights was not ok. Jacob well he enjoyed the time off the grid! I had to make him leave to 39 degree house. Crazy Boy!
2. I feel very bad for those still without heat and lights. I hope everyone is safe and warm.

1 comment:

amber leann said...

I'm with ya. I get a little cranky too with no electricity. So glad it is back on!